The state of being free within society from
oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on
one’s way of life, behavior, or political views.
The quality or state of being free.
The power to do as one pleases.
Freedom from physical restraint.
Freedom from arbitrary or despotic control.
The positive enjoyment of various social, political,
or economic rights and privileges.
The power of choice.
Freedom from control, interference, obligation,
restriction, hampering conditions, etc.;
power or right of doing, thinking,
speaking, etc., according to choice.
The freedom to live as you wish or go where you want.
The concept of liberty first dies with a majority of society willingly setting it aside for the greater good then authorities finish it off with the practice of death by a thousand cuts.
We have already reached the point where a huge swath of society has set aside liberty for the “greater good” and they are using tried and true early 20th century tactics to intimidate society into submission. These people are using all kinds of rationalizations trying to justify their cultural destruction; I’m on the right side of history, it’s for a good cause, I’m just giving the people what they want, free speech confusion, it’s my duty, these are not ordinary times, the ends justifies the means, ethics is a luxury we can’t afford right now, we’re better than this, think of the children, if it saves just one life, it’s the right thing to do, we’re all in this together just to name a few. Anything that opposes their push towards the “greater good” and their end goal is considered evil.
Is this an over the edge conspiracy theory? Most definitely not. It’s happening right under our nose.
1. Society has set aside the morally bound concept that people are innocent until proven guilty and now a huge swath of the public firmly believes in guilt by accusation; therefore, those accused are guilty until proven innocent. This concept is at the very core of the growing cancel culture that uses the court of public opinion to destroy the lives, livelihood, or businesses of their guilt by accusation targets. Who needs the justice system to punish the guilty when you can literally destroy the targets of your hate in other ways and you don’t have to prove your accusations in court. The irrational social media and/or protesting mobs and rioters parrot accusations as fact until the targets are smeared into submission, publicly destroyed, or both. This has become the 21st century’s Scarlet Letter and Star of David. No one is immune from this anti-liberty intimidation.
2. Irrational mobs of social justice warriors protest and riot their way into the minds of corporate board rooms of business where they’re now virtue signal towards the mobs with irrational decisions that are specifically designed to keep the irrational hordes at bay to protect their business from being publicly smeared. These irrational mobs have also intimidated themselves into the minds of the public who are literally fearful of being targeted by their tactics. You either publicly support these social justice mobs or you’re considered the evil they are against. This is in direct conflict with liberty!
3. The word “racist” and anything related to race has been rhetorically weaponized by social justice warriors using the tactics of #1 above to infringe upon the free speech of those they oppose. This has been going on since November 2008 and it’s getting worse. Anyone that stands in defiance to the mob or their ideals is immediately and very publicly smeared as a racist without any evidence to support their claims and the mob falls inline and parrots the accusation until it completely drowns out all other speech. Truth and facts are irrelevant to these people, they are following Paul Joseph Goebbels tactics of propaganda to the letter:
If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.
If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it,
people will eventually come to believe it.
If you repeat a lie long enough, it becomes truth.
If you repeat a lie many times, people are bound to start believing it.
The goal of these social justice warriors is to make their voice the only voice that is heard; thus, theirs is the only “truth” to be spread, this is anti-Constitutional and anti-American and destroying liberty in the United States. The problem is so bad that there was a book written by a life long Liberal Kirsten Powers on the topic, it’s called The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech.
4. Not only is Propaganda Destroying Trust In The Fourth Estate, but blatantly open partisan censorship has become common place across the mainstream media complex aka the political left’s lapdog media. We literally have left leaning media outlets that refuse to cover stories that negatively affect Democratic Party politicians while they run constant in-your-face negative propaganda against anything that opposes their Democratic Party hive minded rule and they run their propaganda regardless of truth or facts, see #3 above. The Fourth Estate which the public has relied upon for over 240 years is crumbling under it’s own weight of propaganda and our culture is suffering because of it. We have social media outlets that are actively censoring free speech of individual users based on what appears to be partisan agendas. The goals of the censors is to restrict the flow of any information that contradicts the political left’s hive mind and if the information happens to get out to the public they immediately condemn it as baseless lunatic conspiracies or Russian disinformation.
5. Lastly, we literally have despotic type of government control that’s put laws and rules in place to physically restrict liberty and literally shut the doors of businesses across the United States all for the “greater good” because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is in direct conflict with liberty.
The problem as I see it is that there’s a huge swath of political activists that are the driving force behind using their own liberty and Constitutional rights to destroy the liberty and Constitutional rights of anyone they oppose.
Liberty for me but not for thee; this is how liberty dies.