[Last Revised June 26, 2022]
Comments posted by persons other than the blogger do not reflect the opinions of the blogger they reflect the opinions of the commenter.
If you want to contact me about these policies use the contact form.
PROXY EMAIL ADDRESS
If your email address is associated with any kind of proxy domain or proxy email server that pseudonym will be permanently banned.
I have simple rules:
- This is my blog, I make the choices as to who can and cannot comment.
- This is my blog, I make the choices of what I choose to accept as comments. Make too much of a ruckus about this and I’ll refer you to #1.
- Anonymity as a commenter will be honored. With very few exceptions, I really don’t care what you use as a pseudonym as long as it’s not profanity and there aren’t multiple commenters using the same pseudonym like “Anonymous”, it’s the content of your comments that represent who you are. Petty comments attacking others for choosing anonymity will not be tolerated and comments from anonymous comment posters that personally attack the personal attributes of commenters that choose not to be anonymous will also not be tolerated; these comments will be deleted and the commenter will be either warned or banned. Also, see the last rule below.
- Profanity is tolerated in context of comments but please keep it at a reasonably respectful minimum. If I think you’ve gone too far, I’ll let you know.
- This is my blog, if I think you are trolling you will be banned. TROLLING: Posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.
- Personal threats of violence will NEVER be tolerated! I take all threats of violence seriously. I have a one and done policy. Don’t expect to maintain any kind of personal anonymity if the authorities come knocking because of your threats of violence.
- If anyone gives me any serious grief about the pronouns I use on my blog they have crossed a line and will be banned.
- Challenge arguments/opinions don’t just attack the messenger. Stand-alone ad hominem comments will not be tolerated, such comments are considered trolling. Ad Hominem: (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining. Take Individual Responsibility For How You Debate
- Don’t expect anyone to reply to your comments. If you rhetorically attack someone for not replying to your comment(s) you’ll be warned and if the behavior continues you’ll be banned. Take Individual Responsibility For How You Debate
- Don’t be a snowflake; discussing things online can sometimes get rough so don’t take things too personally. Snowflake: being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own. Don’t whine to me because you can’t take rhetorical challenges to your opinion; if you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Take Individual Responsibility For How You Debate
- If you think you’ve been unjustly banned (See #1) feel free to contact me via the contact form but don’t expect any kind of instant gratification from me or satisfaction based on your own expectations.
- All new commenters posting comments to my blog must have their email address verified prior to their first comment(s) being approved. I’ll send a message to the email address you used to post your comment for verification, you must reply to that email or you won’t be allowed to comment; no exceptions. All email addresses are kept confidential.
Note about the last rule regarding email verification: If you’re a new commenter here expect an email, if you don’t see it in your inbox you should check your spam folder. Don’t expect instant gratification from me and I won’t expect it from you so I’ll give you a week or so to reply to the verification email.
Also, just in case you missed this; Take Individual Responsibility For How You Debate.
Ending note: I reserve the right to change my comment policies as I see fit and I also reserve the right to delete any comment and/or ban any commenter without warning. Sometimes we can work together to find a solution to perceived problems but it’s a two way street which sometimes requires compromise to accomplish the goal; the goal here is to meet the standards and in this case the standards of the blog are set by the blogger – me, refer to #1.
Featured Photo Credit: Steve Witherspoon